ONU Life/Summer #3


This summer I am interning with the Hardin County Chamber and Business Alliance as a Marketing Intern. This is something I needed to do once I figured out I could graduate a year early, so I was late applying for internships. I was offered this internship and I accepted it immediately. Dr. Lambdin helped me set up this internship and I thought it would be a great opportunity for a hands-on experience. I applied for other internships but some of them were online, and I knew that I would not get the most out of my experience if I did one of those.

I started the fourth week of my internship this week and I can't believe I am four out of the ten weeks done already. For the past couple of weeks, I have been planning the Wine and Chocolate Walk 2021 that will happen in downtown Kenton on June 25th. This has been an awesome experience so far since I have never planned an event before and I will have the opportunity to do it again next month as well. Working as a team with the employees at the chamber as well as another intern has helped us plan the entire event so that it is ready to go on June 25th. 

I have also been given the task to start monitoring the social media for the Hardin County Chamber and Business Alliance. I have also been a little involved in the design of the new website for the chamber that will hopefully be coming soon. I have built so many new relationships and connections within four short weeks and I am excited to see what else I can do!

Next spring, I am planning on another internship to gain more experience since it will be my last semester of classes and I will have some free time. I would love to get an internship with Marathon Petroleum Corporation, but I know I am going to need to apply early and it is going to involve some preparation. I have no idea what is going to happen in the next year of my life, but I am going to continue working hard academically!





Comments

  1. I agree with you that you make a great choice picking the internship in person for more hands on experience. That is a actually really cool you planning events and having a great time. It is probably a lot of hard work and time dedication to set up an event like that. I hope you get the Marathon internship next year. That would be a huge succeed if you get it. Congrats on almost being done with school and graduating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment