Improving Content Marketing Strategy

For my first Social Media blog I referred to the book "The Art of Social Media" into Chapter 2 to find some resources to help me search for articles PR/social media based. I used a website called "AllTop" which Kawasaki is a cofounder of. This helped me to limit my search to only PR and social media. I stumbled upon "4 Killer Tips to Improve Your Content Marketing Strategy with Instagram." This was an article that seemed interesting to me because I am on Instagram frequently and it made me look at Instagram from a marketing perspective instead of only a social perspective.

The first tip is to "Leverage Hashtags." Hashtags are very simple; keywords people can search for to post along with your content. I always knew hashtags were important, but I have never personally spent the time to use them. Hashtags bring in more traffic flow to your content allowing for a larger engagement. This is crucial for businesses to market its content if it wants to increase sales and raise brand awareness. 



The second tip is to "Maintain the Right Frequency. " This is something I have struggled with when it comes to social media, but the good thing is, I only use it for personal use so I do not have to post consistently to keep my followers engaged because it really doesn't mean a whole lot to me. This is different for businesses and people who are super active on social media. Figuring out when your audience is most active is going to help you figure out when and how much you should be posting.

The third tip is to "Avoid Overly Salesy or Promotional Content." I see this all the time and I absolutely hate it! I understand you must make money and you can't do so if you don't advertise and promote your products, but some companies just go overboard. If the only content posted is sales and promotions, there is no variety and I think this really plays a factor in how your audience wants to interact with you. I know if I see too much of one thing, I get tired of it and may potentially unfollow them.

The fourth and final tip is to "Leverage Instagram Live Videos." Videos help to pull in traffic because it is something an audience can sit down and watch to enjoy them. They don't have to read, they just have to listen, and I know sometimes this works well for me after a long day, I prefer to find a video no matter what platform it may be and then I can sit down and watch the video. I don't have to scroll through different posts reading every one of them and therefore I believe this tip may be beneficial to an influencer trying to grow. It gives a different engagement than a regular post.



By following these four tips, the content you post will improve and bring in a larger, engaged audience willing to interact with you! Watching these guidelines may be one of the keys to success on a social media platform.




Comments